Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Students Wear Leopard Print Fur Coats to Class


In America, they would look ridiculous, or like they were trying too hard. Here in France, it just makes them fierce French bitches, fashionable to the extreme and not to be trifled with.

This outfit can also be worn grocery shopping, getting the mail, or taking out the trash. With stilettos, of course. The French have never heard of sweat pants. And if they had, they would never wear them. 

Interestingly enough, the girl on the right is making the exact face my students give me when I'm teaching the last class of a Friday afternoon: indifference and borderline dislike.

2 comments:

  1. as if you didn't give your high school teachers the same look Friday afternoons? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I cannot imagine how much one of those might cost. I like the look though.

    ReplyDelete