Tuesday, March 15, 2011

French Polyurethane Jackets Need to Die

          This is not the first time I've complained about some serious French fashion faux pas that I've seen while out and about. This particular incident took place during my vacation in Paris, on Quai de la Mégisserie (metro= Châtelet, Pont Neuf), informally known as the "plant store-pet store-plant store-pet store" street. It is just as awesome a concept for a street as it sounds. While the plant store provide beautiful foliage for optimal strolling ambiance, windows full of round-eyed, adorably pathetic puppies beg you to enter the stores and to never leave. 

Best Friend and me on Quai de la Mégisserie last May
I WANT ONE. GIVE ME.

          Inevitably, during our vacation, Boyfriend and I ended up in the pet stores, which were packed on that Saturday afternoon. Specifically, Boyfriend turned towards the puppies, saw them, said "I bet you want to go in there," turned back around, and discovered that I was already gone, inside the store. When he couldn't pry me away from the glass, he went to go watch the kittens frolic until I was good and ready. But on our way out, to make the parting between the lovable balls of fluff and I even more painful, we saw this:


          That's right. Polyurethane, tacky, ghetto jackets, similar to the ones that are worn by every man, woman, and child in this otherwise fashionable country, but for dogs. Specifically, 65 euro ugly, horrible jackets for dogs, so that the unfortunate dogs can match their sadistic owners. 

             It's not right to do this to adorable puppies.This has got to stop.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think it's a sign that I've been living in France too long that I gave serious, serious consideration to buying one of these for myself this winter? Not a shiny, polyurethane (wow, that's hard to spell!) one, but a plain black puffy one??

    *Hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete